Friday, March 20, 2009

Baby's 1st Head Split

It has finally happened. He crashed into a wall and split his head. I was relieved in that it didn't appear to need stiches- it's but a flesh wound. His eyes on the other hand had the symptoms of "head to the ER." Angelo of course offered to take him. Uhm, no. Mama bear wasn't about to allow the injured cub out without her. I am guilty however of saying "here, hold this (ice & gauze)" as I snapped a picture.
If it's going to gross you out, scroll quickly. Really, it's not that bad.
The ER waiting room was quite, uhm, educational. Tempting to take the camera out a times. I figured out a "trick." If you are really loud, obnoxious and distracting, they will totally triage you just to get you out of the way. Then again, the guy might have just been mental- security had to escort him after he charged through the open (security) door. Then there was a diaper rash (kidd you not), a "we heard a funny sound when he fell" (uhm, he has no pain and isn't acting altered in any way, he probably doesn't need the ER) and a girl that had cut her finger with a nasty pair of scissors. The cut and the mental guy were the only 2 that really looked like they needed to be there- but, not being the doctor, who am I to say. The doctor was a piece of work and mocked me when I mentioned the cut. Well, duh. It's not the cut I brought him in for.
See all the equipment behind him in this pic? There's also a bunch of stuff hanging from the ceiling. I got to explain just about everything in the room. I was at a loss though in regards to what they use "medical air" for. I just couldn't come up with an appropriate 5 year old answer.













No comments: