Saturday, April 21, 2007

65 Roses...


I may be a bit biased here, but I gotta tell ya, I have 2 of the most amazing kids on the planet.
Today was the Maize annual garage sale. We decided at the last minute of course to throw some stuff out. And heck, while we're at it, let's use the opportunity to fundraise for Great Strides. So, we made a can with Ashton's picture and Giuliana went to work. She asked anyone and everyone if they would please help her friend, Ashton, and his sister, Lola. Early on, she explained that "he has a disease and gets sick a lot. It's cystic fibrosis." Later in the day it became "my friend Ashton has 65 roses, will you please give us some dollars?" Meanwhile, Tre decided he was being left out and needed his own can too. Well, let me tell you, the 2 of them are a force to be reckoned with. Most people didn't just put a quarter in one can, they did both (and some were dollars, which of course errupted in cheers from the kids).
I tear up as I write this. And it's not the first the time either. All day, I've been flooded with emotion. Yes, I am a proud mama and thank the Lord for blessing us in this way.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Wow that is sooo cool! I love it when my kids' hearts come out. Way to go, guys!
(Nikki)