Yesterday, I was wondering if Tre would make it to 4. See, he decided yet again to play with toilet paper and the toilet. I'm sitting here, relaxing while he's supposed to be down for his nap. It was his 2nd potty trip, but hey, he's potty training. Then the screaming started "a mess, a mess MAMA!!!!" I thought perhaps he had plugged the sink and it was overflowing (it's another one of his tricks). Uhm, no. It sounded like the faucet on full, but it was the toilet...overflowing. As I grasped the full extent of the situation, it occurred to me that we have a water manifold here. Ran in, ofcourse dropped the tool to turn off the valve. Figured out that the toilets are all at the bottom. Went back to survey the damage- at least an inch of standing water. Oh, crap. Grabbed towels. Thought I had at least stopped the river. Again, uhm, no. It was going under the walls into each of the storage rooms- the big one with the hvac system and under the stairs. Talk about a mess. He redeemed himself this morning. Woke up jolly. Went upstairs for a granola bar and ofcourse brought one down for sissy too. He has such a cool concept of sharing and serving.
On to Ali...if tomorrow wasn't her birthday, I wouldn't be so sure. After a night of games, one of which included snapping Daddy's waistband and screaming if she was moved away, she got up at 6:30. This from the child who usually is much closer to 8, 7:45 at the earliest. Ofcourse, she was back down for a nap at 8:30. Good thing she's so cute.
Giuliana is just plain Giuliana today. :) She's pretty squirelly still over not being outside. It was way too rainy today. She was jonesing for hot chocolate today.
Alright, dinner's ready.
To those I promised pictures...I'm workin' on it. I'll try to get to it later tonight. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment