Fixing pic links...Scratch that. I think blogger doesn't like the shockwave code (as evidenced by the other "need code" post). I'll figure things out later. Time to get back to organizing.
Rather than posting individual pics, I uploaded it all into a slide show. Being as we're doing a hundred other things right now, the pics aren't edited and I didn't worry about lighting.
While I've never seen so much water & was mildly concerned with our lack of flood insurance, I was blessed with God's peace. Our neighbors all banded together to triage water damage. Cindy's seemed to be hit the worst, so we started over there. Katelyn, the awesome neighbor girl came over to watch the littles (G was still at school)- so yeah, I scored a new babysitter our of it all as well. People just kept showing up. It started with Cindy's pastors & Angelo, then Ryan from across the street...then Ron & Shelley got home. Then people started coming from down the street. (The other side of the street doesn't have the drainage issue we do.) What a way to get to know the neighbors. :) I'm quite thankful to say we had minimal damage. Giuliana's room had the most moisture. Toby (my small group leader) showed up with Candace's dehumidifier & fan, completely ready to step in and help. Talk about blessed. (More below the slideshow.) Edited in: if it takes forever to load, just click on the "view all images" button and it will take you directly to the photo host site. Or, if you don't see the buttons, click
Later in the day, our other neighbor got a load of sand (their basement is unfinished- hence not as big a priority). Angelo had just showered. But, we both felt that conviction to just get out there and help. So, off he went to shovel. I was on the phone with Candace, updating her. She asked how much longer I thought they'd be at shoveling (little did I know, Richard was tying his shoes to head on over and help). "Uhm, I dunno....WAIT, you won't believe this, a large group just showed up." Yep, in total Vineyard-esque fashion, a group showed up with sand bags, shovels and a cooler full of beverages. They gently pushed Brian & Angelo aside and started shoveling. That pile of sand was gone in minutes. This group had been going up and down the street just helping anyone that needed it. I really wish I'd gone out with my camera...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's Kansas for ya! Always coming out to help. Makes me proud! :)
Now off to look at the pictures...
Post a Comment