Thursday, January 29, 2009

Addition to our patient roster...

Because things we're progressing the way they were, we now have had to add a patient.

Yep, Giuliana has strep. Honestly, at first, I thought perhaps it was "empathy." She wasn't showing any signs of fever and bursting with energy. Oh, my. Hand me the bad mommy baton. I set her up for a strep culture, thinking she'd be back at school tomorrow. By the time we got to the office, she had a 102 fever. Seriously!

Tre had been doing great. In fact, so great that when the liquid lortab was frozen at 6:30 this morning, he didn't notice that it was tylenol he got. He played a few minutes of Wii. Rested. Another dose of Tylenol at 10:30. 11:30ish, I make the near fatal mistake of telling him to get dressed. He was tired and melted down. Melting down of course had horrid consequence on his throat. He couldn't stop crying. We tried the lolli. Tried the shower. And, even called the doc's emergency number (we're talking major freak out). After 10 minutes in the shower, he could handle the lolli. 2 minutes later, he's ok to sit. 3 minutes after, he's ready to jump around and play with his sisters.

This Mama is exhausted.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Oh cruel irony, here I check your blog every day for weeks and there's nothing, and then I miss a week and you've had the runs again!

Hope everyone is feeling very well soon, and that it all stays away for a VERY long time!