Monday, January 26, 2009

Buh-bye



Today, we said buh-bye to Tre's tonsils and adenoids. He's been quite the trooper. He was tickled to have his picture taken in the kids waiting room. It's a carpeted room, with toys and tv. There are little areas for each patient/their parents marked by a letter. The doctors & nurses come in and visit- very child friendly.





He spent a long time in the first phase of recovery. The doctor came out to talk to me at a little after 9:00. He said his tonsils were one step short of massive. He also drained some fluid off his right ear. I thought I'd get to go right back after the post-surg consult. Nope. About an hour and half later, he was ready for phase 2 Thankfully, they sent word that he was just really sleepy. I went in to phase 2, hearing his cries. I was extrememly thankful to see that my friend, Sarah, was his phase 2 nurse.
Being the mommy, I was quick to jump into the recliner and take him into my arms. Within a few minutes, I started getting really hot. In my head, I'm cursing hot flashes. Then it hit me, I'm vagling (no clue if I spelled that right). One look told them I was in trouble. In a flash, I was reclined and having O2 while Angelo comforted Tre. It was suggested that perhaps the pressure/weight of him was too much on my belly, but that I wouldn't notice the pain because I was so focused on him.
Here he is, finally settled at home. Round the clock pain meds and the nice lollipops that numb their throat.

No comments: