Monday, September 17, 2007

Our house isn't the only zoo we spend time at.

Tre, Ali and I met up with some friends at the zoo on Friday. It was pretty close to a perfect day for it. It was nice and cool with a bit of a breeze. Some might call it cold, I call it comfortable. The best part of it was that all the animals were out (ok, a great deal of them were). Ali wasn't quite sure how to handle things as I put her in the stroller instead of the backpack. Tre really enjoyed the penguins. There weren't many people in the exibit and a couple were in the water. He followed them across the glass. Pretty cool. :)

Then, we sat and watched the elephant training for a while. It was pretty amazing. That is one talented elephant.
Later, Tre asked to turn left...right into the lions' area. Ok, cool. We like that. Even cooler than that...seriously. The lion was really worked up at something in front of the glass as we approached. I don't think I've ever actually heard a lion roar until then. It was amazing.
Tre was roaring back at it here:

PS- Sorry about the format...I've edited a few times. Blogger doesn't seem to like what I was doing...One of these days, maybe I'll go back and refresh my html. :)

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Looks like a great time! I love the zoo.