I've just been sick as a dog. I have a sinus infection with nasty nasty cough. So, my apologies.
Giuliana has finally had her first visit from the tooth fairy. Apparently the TF should be leaving candy too? She got a $1. As we're talking about it, she says "Mom, can you please leave some candy too next time." I said "huh?" "Well Mom, you know the TF is just a game we play." Yes, she told me a long time ago that she didn't think it was real. I wasn't going to lie. So, I told her it was a fun game to play and to please not tell her friends, because they might not know yet. So, apparently she has kept it to herself.
We had her fall parent/teacher conference yesterday. I know this will shock many of you...apparently she's social and has a bit of a visiting problem. So much so that there will be a seating change. Is it ok to admit I'm still lol? She is also the star of the week. There's a bulleton board with pics of her and things that are special to her. She is also the special helper during her reign. She gets 2 weeks because this one was a short week...she's thrilled.
I owe another picture. Ali has had her curls cut off (well part of them). We bobbed her hair this last week. She dreads at night and I got a little tired of chasing her with the detangler and comb every morning. There's still some chasing, just not as much dreading to comb out.
Ok, so this is way out there, but she may be interested in potty training. She's been overjoyed since she found the flusher...yeah, loads of fun. Well now, she's not so sure about the whole diaper thing. This morning while I was in MAPS, she took her diaper off in the nursery. The gal said as soon as they put it back on her, she filled it. So ofcourse Daddy, the smart parent, says, "maybe she wanted them to put her on the potty." Who knows. I will admit and film the happy dance should she potty train before 2. ;)
Angelo, the child formerly known as Tre is doing well. I have no idea how long the name change will stick, but he likes to be called Angelo now. He had his teacher write that name on his craft today. He was really irritated with Giuliana at school. He has his routine and knows where his hook is- she had the nerve to show him where his backpack hook is. Can you believe it? Then she tried to guide him into his room. I gently reminded her that he does this by himself twice a week. She's still tickled that she got to "go to daycare" while I was in MAPS...yes, a room where other school children hang out with babysitters while the mommies are downstairs...uhm, ok.
Oh, and the current favorite outfit is his camo Levi's and fishing shirt. I swear to you, he'd wear it daily if I let him. He has issues with my need to wash them in between.
G's off school again tomorrow. We'll try and get some tooth pictures and pics of Al's new do. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like the kids are doing well.
Post a Comment