Sunday, October 7, 2007

CPRA Finals

Seriously, I don't know that I could say 'no' to this little face. Well, ok, I could, if and when he mentions bull riding again. He was rather enamored.Always dancing. She's made it known that when soccer season is over, she's all over dance class. Color me shocked. ;) My favorite Giuliana moment though was on the way in. An attractive gal rode by us on her horse. She says "Oh.Mom.Wow. I've never seen a real cowgirl up that close before." She was star struck. I'm a little surprised she hasn't mentioned wanting a horse yet. After a round of binki roping, Ali's wiped. She took about a 20 minute nap and never looked back. We couldn't believe she stayed awake the whole way home.Now for the rodeo pictures. This one is just one of my favorites from today. I liked the compostion and crispness. Total fluke, lucky shot.
Here's "you couldn't pay me enough." I do imagine he enjoyed the ride on the side. The adrenaline would probably have given me a heart attack. Did I mention Tre has voiced his desire to become a bull rider? Angelo was explaining to him that it was probably in the same arena as motorcycles and we all know how mommy feels about those.

Yep, I'd run too! That was one ticked off bull. I did have to give props to that rider. He was intelligent enough to be wearing protective gear. Which, we noticed a lot of this year. I don't know if it truly was more prevalent or we simply noticed because of an article we just read yesterday.
This bull was so surly, a total crack up. He managed to throw his rider pretty quickly. He then was adamant he was not going back to the pens. The stand off with the JC's had me wondering and a little worried for their horses. More than once, he started chasing the horses. I seriously thought he was going to hurt them. It was by far the longest bull stand off of the day.





1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Wow, great shots! What lens were you using (lol, listen to me the obsessed nut)? We ended up in that town on Sunday to meet my parents. We were at Applebees and I heard a guy saying some not-so-appropriate-for-kids things,and looked over and there was a whole group of them (I'm sure they were ropers). So then I remembered you said you were going to be there so I looked around Applebees for you - like we really would have been there at the same time. Anyway, I did think of you. LOL at the kids' reactions to the rodeo - too funny!