Monday, November 5, 2007

$75 later...

Tre made his 1st ER trip here last night (only made 1 back in Idaho too, thankfully). I returned from Crop Camp to a coughing little boy with a fever. That in itself isn't usually a worry. Buuuuuttttt....this time, his cough was quickly turning. He was doing that croupy bark and couldn't seem to catch his breath. Since Big Al was stuck to me like white on rice, Angelo took him. Probably a good thing as I'm not sure I would have been fond of the ER doc. They gave him an oral steroid (normal protocol for croup) and sent him on his way- of course advising that OTC cold meds are such a waste, yada yada yada...he said we should keep up the pain relievers because his throat would hurt from coughing. Ok, so I added Delsym to his medication regimine last night. He felt better, slept better and so did I. Bear in mind, "good sleep" is a relative term...in this case, I was only up with him once- way better than Al last night.

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

I was hoping you'd have an update here. Poor little guy. K2 is well on her way to croup this week as well, I believe. I really hate it when they're sick.

LOL at "Big Al". You have such a way with words...

Alexis Jacobs said...

I hope he feels better soon. Poor thing!