Oaklahoma City! Being how fond we Fiats are of zoos, what better target?
This shot is from outside a sitdown Sonic restaurant right next to world headquarters. The fountain outside was more fun than the actual dining experience. The lines were insane...college baseball tournement across the street. We did ofcoure hit the Bass Pro Shop...can we say HUGE?!?! The kids of course loved it. Being the little rednecks that they are.From there, we went to the memorial from the Federal Building bombing. It was amazing. Very sobering to walk through the gate and much more tranquil than I would have thought (especially being as populated as it was). Tre and I got out of the car to go take pictures. Shown here, is the 9:01 gate, the "before" the bomb went off and one of the memorial chairs made for the victims. That day killed 168 people.

Then, it was off to the zoo. Total bargain...half off to get in. Love that reciprocal list.
Ali noticed the Meerkats and really wanted us to all look. Tre and Giuliana were busy shoving cotton candy in their mouths. :)
I wonder if the meerkats remind my family of any 4 legged family members?

It took awhile, but we finally found "the Oklahoma Trails." It's a new exhibit. Very nicely done. Kudos to the landscape architect. ;)
The kids loved the misters that were everywhere- especially Ali. She squealed with delight any time one of them hit the button.
For Dad. :)
This was one friendly beaver. Whenever he'd catch someone in the corner, he'd "play" with them.
No promises on formatting here...so I'll just give up on that and publish it. ;)
2 comments:
ok.. I was thinking Dad and Gary BUT it's Rod and Bob!!
Ok, I'm exhausted. You Fiats are waaaay too ambitious ;)
Post a Comment