Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mean Girls

GRRRRR! The Mama Bear in me has been awakened.

G was teased on the bus today. Mean girls on the bus- one of whom she talked about all last year- told her how her she and her skirt weren't pretty.

I honestly haven't seen her cry like that in a long time. It hurt my heart to see my baby hurt like that.

We talked about ways to handle it tomorrow- stand up to them- "That's not true and I don't have to listen to you" and ignore them.

After she cried about it, she says "Mom, they obviously don't understand the I CARE rules." She then explained how people who do know that other people's feelings matter. I was proud of her. Oh, and when later I said, "so did you learn anything on the bus today?" She says "ofcourse, you treat others how you want to be treated." That's my girl.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Awww, poor G! And when she was excited about the skirt, too. People can be SO cruel! I experienced it last night as an adult. It never stops hurting. My pastor said this morning that we will never be able to "get away" from the kinds of people who say hurtful things. We just have to become secure enough in our spiritual lives that it doesn't hurt us as much. Easier said than done. ((hugs)) for G today.