I love how resilient kids are.
G came off the bus today with the biggest smile. I am so proud of her. Apparently a couple of the older boys that teased her last year were at it again today. She said she just ignored the boy kicking her seat, etc and his friend made him stop. (Last year, said kid spit on her.)
I asked about the girls- ie. did she sit in a different spot. She excitedly told me that no, she told them they hurt her feelings. AND, they didn't want to do that again and were nice.
I know things are going to happen. That's life. I just love that she used her tools. Last night, I gave her a verse to tell herself. Today, we talked about forgiveness and how cool it is.
She's sitting, eating her snack and doing her homework. My baby girl really is growing up.
The littles and I went to the Y as we always do. Thankfully, no fits going in or out. Ali apparently really likes pat-a-cake and kept putting her hands out and saying "AGAIN" each time they stopped. Tre loves going to play with his "friends." He makes sure to say good bye to anyone he's been playing with. Today, it didn't look like many kids there. He was sitting, watching something when I got there. My guess is a movie of some sort.
I can't wait for Tre's preschool to start. He's going to love having the same friends to play with, on schedule. I forget how social he can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment