Thursday, June 7, 2007

Is it really Thursday?

The kids are over the moon excited. Home group is at our house tonight! Yippee!

They've been planning since yesterday- you know, appropriate activities to entertain their friends. ;) Today, while I was vaccuuming the basement, Tre dumped all his toys out of their boxes/buckets. Before he did it, he told me he was going to "set up" his room for his friends. Uhm, ok. Yeah, set up is much different for a 3 year old boy and a 32 year old mommy. Very sweet of dear sweet sister to help him pick them up.

Earlier, Tre asked me what happened to our ponds. I got confused and replied that we didn't have ponds. In comes Giuliana "Ofcourse we have ponds Mom! Out at the way back of our yard. They're for frogs." Ah, yes, the drainage area at the back of our property. How could I be so clueless? I'm really wondering if our property was leveled correctly when they put the yard in. It doesn't drain well. (If you want to see what I'm talking about, go back to last month's post titled "For Dad.") I have noticed though that since Angelo called the city, they've come out just about every time it's rained to inspect. I have to wonder if the neighbors have also called as the engineer knew them by first names. Such is life. I just want it dried out tonight for the kids to play.

Anyway, I'm procrastinating. I need to do the reading for tonight. We're studying through The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis.

No comments: